Knowledge

Everything that the kids from the film were going through reminded me of well... me. Seeing how Crystal grew up caring for her siblings reminded me of how I would come home right after school because I had to pick up my brother and sister from school. Feed them, helping them with homework were just a few things that I would do to help my mom so she didn't have to worry about much when she got home from work. Crystals story was the one I related to the most becuase both my parents wanted me to get good grades and get into a good school so that I didn't have to work like they did. One difference that I did have with crystal is that I didn't have ethics classes that taught me about my culture I got that from my home. What I did have were professors that inspired me to push myself to get into a good school.  The classes the students had provided for them in the Tucson, Arizona looked like they were helping kids that would have most likely dropped out find a purpose for themselves to further their education. Most of my high school Professors pushed me because they knew that I was capable of more then I was putting out. That push that the professors had on me helped me to get into Rutgers by improving my writing and helping me understand what it was that I wanted to study.  However, watching the senators, in the beginning, trying to justify having programs that educate Latinx students about their culture illegal is disheartening. This kind of behavior coming from a senator who knows the history of America and ay that the teachers running these program are attempting to cause a revolution to take back what's theirs is disgusting. The fact that they were trying to justify their actions to make it illegal to have these programs because this is America and we learn about American history here and not about other culture is horrible. Before this country was America it was Mexico and that should b included into the history books and not in a way that it is now making the Mexicans look like villains. In reality, the Americans are the villains because they came into someone's territory peoples homes and concluded that land because they wanted it. That kind of mentality is poisonous because it leads others to believe that the minority is racist and gives others the idea that it's then okay for them to be racist with the minority because they are doing it. When in reality they are just learning about their history and understand themselves. 

Comments

Popular Posts